Vancouver Temporary Employment Services
EMBERS Staffing Solutions offers temporary job placements through our Vancouver and Surrey employment services. Temporary labour jobs can be a highly effective means of re-entering the workforce after an absence, or to transition into a new job market, whether through a skilled or general labour position. When you work with EMBERS Staffing Solutions to find temporary labour jobs, you will be paid weekly while gaining valuable skills, experience and references. We provide a supportive environment and a ladder of opportunities to help you create a more productive future.
Why Choose EMBERS Staffing Solutions?
- We pay workers higher wages for temporary labour jobs than our competitors
- You will be paid weekly
- We individually assess each candidate to ensure you are offered the right opportunities to help you reach your employment goals
- EMBERS Staffing Solutions is Canada's only non-profit temporary employment service committed to reinvesting profits into programs that improve our workers’ skills, their lives and the community
If you would like to learn more about our Vancouver or Surrey employment services, we can help you find the skilled or general labour job that best fits your abilities and personality.
How it works: 2 Easy Steps
- Print and complete our Application Form.
- Bring your completed form and a copy of your resume to any of our offices for an interview Monday - Friday at 9:30am and Monday - Thursday at 2:30pm.
We look forward to meeting you.
How to Apply for Temporary Labour Jobs
EMBERS Staffing Solutions provides temporary labour jobs to help you use your skills and get back to work. Our temporary staffing services are unlike any other temp agency in Vancouver. We are a non-profit organization that provides the training and support you need to build confidence and achieve success in the workforce. Here's how you apply to work with us:
- Print and complete our Application Form.
- Please complete all fields and provide as much detail as possible. The more detail you provide about your skills, the better equipped we are to match you to the right temporary labour job.
- Bring your completed form and a copy of your resume to any of our offices Monday - Friday at 9:30am or Monday - Thursday at 2:30pm for an interview. Be sure to arrive a couple of minutes early to complete any last minute paperwork.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to come in for an interview during the regular interview hours.
- While EMBERS Staffing Solutions is a temporary labor company, please treat this interview as you would any other job interview. We hire on the basis of providing the right person for the right job, which includes hiring reliable employees. If you are unable to make your scheduled interview, please call the EMBERS office in advance to reschedule. In the event that you miss an interview and fail to notify our office, a second interview will not be scheduled.
To Qualify for Work:
Candidates need to have their own cell phone or home telephone number. Our temporary staffing service relies on reaching you by phone for immediate for quick-turn-around call-outs. If we are unable to reach you by phone, we will leave a massage and proceed to call the next candidate. It is the candidate’s responsibility to call in daily to keep EMBERS updated with their availability and current contact information.
Candidates must be clean and sober for a minimum of three months. Site safety is always a priority with our company. We insist that all candidates who may be recovering from an addiction, adhere to our company policies regarding the use of any illicit drugs and/or alcohol.
Resources for Employees
Our experience as a leading Vancouver staffing agency, placing temp service workers with employers throughout the Lower Mainland, has allowed EMBERS Staffing Solutions to understand the needs of jobseekers and how we can help them achieve success in their work and lives. Our temporary staffing services provide the following resources to help guide and assist you through our candidate intake and employment placement process.
If you're an employee with EMBERS Staffing Solutions, then please complete your timesheet
each week so we can ensure that you are paid promptly by your employer.
Training Opportunities for Jobseekers
Part of our mission at EMBERS Staffing Solutions is to match the right person to the right job, and to work with our candidates through our Vancouver or Surrey job services program to accomplish their career goals. As a step to fulfilling these goals, EMBERS Staffing Solutions is pleased to provide WorkSafe BC training opportunities for our temporary workers, to advance their skill sets and their careers. All of our Vancouver and Surrey employment services courses are offered by provincially designated instructors with subject matter expertise in the topics delivered. Courses offered include, but are not limited to:
- OH&S Regulations
- Joint OH&S Committee
- Safety Inspections
- Accident Investigations & Reporting
- Refusal of Unsafe Work
- Responsibilities for OH&S
- Hazard Analysis - Safe Work Procedures
- Hazard Recognition Workshop
- Preventing and Investigating MSI
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Supervisor Safety Management
- IVES Forklift Training Class One, Four and Five
- Skid Steer training
- Front End Loader Backhoe
- Narrow Aisle Order Picker
- HILTI Powder Actuated Fastening Tools
- First Aid Level One Occupational Health and Safety
- 3rd Party Safety Audits
- 3rd Party Construction Site Audits
- Fall Protection
- Occupational Health and Safety Orientations
- Heat Stress
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Ladder Safety & Fall Protection
- Fall Protection Awareness
- World Host Customer Service Front Line Training
- Effective Crew Talks
- See it Think it Do it
- Investigating and Controlling Sprains and Strains
- Small Business Health and Safety: Setting up a safety plan
Training courses are made available subject to enrollment levels.
Please contact us
for further information regarding EMBERS Staffing Employment Services training programs in Vancouver or Surrey.